Gifts given

 

What is time?

But the pursuit of youth,

The search for a better life,

An invitation,

To a better tomorrow,

When tomorrow was never a given.

 

What is hope?

The possibility of a promise,

That happiness will come home,

Before my time ends.

A chance for a better tomorrow,

When tomorrow was never a given.

 

What is choice?

If I can’t choose at all,

A life that’s out of my hands,

Desperation feeds my survival,

Preparing for tomorrow,

When tomorrow was never a given.

 

What is faith?

An unknown that offers both rapture and ruin,

I may rise,

I may fall,

Keep praying for tomorrow,

Even if tomorrow was never a given.

 

What is reality?

A distant togetherness,

Slowly disintegrating,

As parts peel away,

I hold on for tomorrow.

Even when tomorrow was never a given.

Comments

Popular Posts